Integrity, Mortality, Dedication - IMD Medical Group
IMD Medical Group is an immigration clinic that helps patients with their immigration paperwork.
Imad El Asmar, MD Diplomate of the American Board of Internal Medicine, is a certified internist whose office is designated by the United States Immigration and Naturalization Services (INS) to fulfill the medical requirements of applicants to U.S permanent residency (Green Card).
Each evaluation includes an examination performed according to the medical guidelines established by the USCIS and Centers for Disease Control; all required laboratory testing; and completion of all the necessary paperwork. Dr. Imad El Asmar Medical Director of IMD Medical Group is a USCIS Designated Civil Surgeons and experienced with the medical requirements of these examinations. Our staff is fluent in Spanish, Arabic, Italian, French, Filipino and Visayan. All the required paperwork and testing can be completed within just two to three days.
We Can Do Your DNA TEST
We do DNA TESTS; If you do a petition for spouse, parents, children or siblings. In most cases there are sufficient written records to validate relationships, you are going to need a Voluntary DNA TEST.
You may schedule an appointment by calling 1-888-444-8422 during our normal clinic hours or you may request an appointment online.
The IMD Medical Group Doctor will review your vaccination history with you to determine whether you have all the required vaccinations. Make sure you take your vaccination records with you to your appointment.
The Immigration medical examination requires the following vaccinations:
- A physical examination
- A tuberculin (TB) skin test is required for all persons 2 years or older. After the skin test is applied, you must return to clinic in 3 days for it to be read. A skin test is considered “positive” if there is a reaction of 5 mm or more. Anyone with a “positive” skin test must have a chest x-ray. In addition, if you have a history of TB or a history of a positive TB skin test, a chest x-ray is required. Many patients have received BCG vaccination in their home country, but a skin test for TB is still required. All persons with a question of active TB will be referred to the County Health Department.
- A blood test for HIV (the virus that causes AIDS)
- A blood test for syphilis (RPR)
- Routine immunizations such as chickenpox (varicella), MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) and tetanus-diphtheria
The Day of Your Exam
To expedite results, patients should bring with the following information and forms to their exam:
- All medications and immunization records for each family member seeking entry
- Any recent records of blood tests for AIDS, syphilis, measles (rubeola), rubella (German measles), mumps or chickenpox titers
- Any record of a chest x-ray (within 10 years)
- Any records of a skin test for TB
- Passport (if available).
- Please bring two proofs of Identifications.
- A copy of any prior immunization record (if available).
After the medical exam is complete, IMD Medical Group will give you Form I-693 with the results in a sealed envelope to present to INS. Do not open the sealed envelope.
To visit the Official US Citizen & Immigration Services website for more information go to: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis
Insurance Health Plans
Blue Cross (HMO), (Commercial-PPO), (Medicare/Medical Senior), (Commerical)
Central H.P. (Senior Medicare/Medical)
Citizen Choice H.P. (Medicare/Medical Senior)
Ease Choice H.P. (Medicare/Medical Senior)
Great-West Healthcare (Commercial-PPO)
Health Net Senior Plus (Medicare/Medical)
Health Net (Commercial)
MD Care (Medicare/Medical Senior)
PacifiCare (Commerical - PPO)
SCAN (Senior Medicare/Medical)
Secure Horizons (Medicare/Medical Senior)
United Healthcare (Commerical-PPO)